2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU. When you use the Site, several types of data may be collected from you, including: (1) Non-Personal Information; and (2) Personally Identifiable Information. Certain types of data are specifically NOT collected, including personal information from children.
2.1. Non-Personal Information. We automatically collect certain anonymous data regarding usage of the Site. The anonymous data we collect may include information such as:
- The name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- Your IP address and if applicable, the IP address of the web site from which you linked to our Site;
- The date and time you accessed our Site;
- The type of web browser you are using; and
- The pages you visited.
(a) Protected Health Information. We do not knowingly collect any Protected Health Information (“PHI”). PHI is information that may identify a patient and that relates to the patient’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition and related health care services.
2.3. No Personal Information from Children. The services hosted on the Site are not offered to children. Children are not permitted to use the Site, and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Since information regarding children under the age of 13 should not be collected, we do not knowingly distribute personal information regarding children under the age of 13. If your child has submitted personal information, please contact us to request that such information be removed. Once we are aware of information entered by a child, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases and storage areas; however, we are not liable for any consequences relating to such information.
2.4. Other Information NOT Collected. Our services and your use of the Site do not require you to disclose, nor require us to request or collect, any information not described above. We do not request, solicit or intend to collect any such information and you should not disclose any such information on the Site. If we discover that such information was disclosed by you, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information; however, we are not liable for any consequences relating to such disclosures of information.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED. Our use and disclosure of certain information varies with respect to the type of information collected, including: (1) Non-Personal Information; (2) Personally Identifiable Information; and (3) Transactional Information.
3.1. Non-Personal Information. We use the Non-Personal Information collected through the Site for statistical purposes and for improving the functionality of the Site. In general, this information is used internally but we may, from time to time, engage a third party’s software or services to assist us with these analyses. In those limited cases, disclosure of this information to a third-party is necessary; however, the data remains anonymous at all times.
3.2. Personally Identifiable Information. We use PII collected through the Site in conjunction with products and services offered and to respond to your requests for information on products or service.
Additionally, we may use your email address or other contact information to send you messages, newsletters, special promotional offers, surveys and other commercial messages. If you no longer wish to receive such commercial messages, simply click the 'unsubscribe' link that we include at the bottom of every email that we send you. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us.
We may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate our operation of the Site and/or to do mailings on our behalf, and they may have access to PII. Additionally, we may provide PII to third parties for marketing purposes or to third parties that we believe have products or services of interest to you.
3.3. Transactional Information. We use Transactional Information collected through the Site for the purpose of processing commercial activities that you have initiated. Additionally, Transactional Information may be used for recordkeeping purposes, as appropriate.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, disclosure of PII to third parties for non-marketing purposes may occur in certain situations such as: (i) responding to a subpoena, court order or other such request; (ii) responding to a law enforcement agency's request or as otherwise required by law; and (iii) providing PII and/or Transactional Information to a third party if we file for bankruptcy, or there is a transfer of the assets or ownership in connection with proposed or consummated corporate reorganizations, such as mergers, acquisitions, or sales of business units. In all such instances, we will take the utmost care to disclose only that information which is necessary and appropriate under the circumstances.
6. SECURITY. We strive to maintain the security of your information by using appropriate measures designed to protect our systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online. Consequently, we do not insure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
8. QUESTIONS. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or the use of your information, or to modify or update any information we have received, please contact us through our website, in person or by mail addressed to:
Cardinal Health, Inc.
1330 Enclave Parkway
Houston, Texas 77077
Attention: “Privacy Official”.
Effective: November 2, 2010